Pour a few cups of vinegar into the bathtub or a big bucket, then chase it 10-20 drops of whatever essential oil you picked. Throw your suit in the tub with your vinegar/oil combination, then smash it around with a paddle, your hands, or a stick. Let it soak for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly again.
Is vinegar bad for neoprene?
Vinegar works for all sorts of stuff. You shouldn’t need much more than a half hour; I go 20 minutes & it loosens the crud very well. Also good for de-stinking wetsuits. Rinse well.
What can I clean my wetsuit with?
Materials: Water, pH neutral soap.
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
How do you clean a stinky wetsuit?
Dunking wetsuits in a bucket of water with a cap-full of Dettol, Febreze, Woolite, or any mild fabric cleaner or deodorizer is one of these ingenious solutions. Just make sure you air dry the suit inside out before repeating the process, if necessary.
How do you clean a wetsuit yourself?
Home-made Cleaner (DIY)
- Pour several cups of the vinegar into the bathtub then add about 20 drops of your essential oil of choice then put in the wetsuit.
- Knead the wetsuit to ensure the mixture has reached all areas then leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly then dry it as in the initial procedure.
How do you clean a wetsuit with baking soda?
Soak It. As soon as you can, soak your wetsuit in cold or lukewarm fresh water (hot water can cause the suit to lose flexibility) with a mild solution of baking soda or wetsuit shampoo. using a mild detergent will keep the neoprene from taking on an odor. soak for about 30 minutes.
Can you clean a wetsuit with dish soap?
Keep it clean
But washing a wetsuit with a delicate dishwashing soap and cold water will not. And it’ll break down the body oils and bacteria, which leads to smelliness, just like laundry detergent. … Wash every few weeks or so, and your suit will maintain a fresh scent.
Can I use fairy liquid to wash my wetsuit?
Use Very Diluted Detergent
There are specifically designed detergent products available to wash wetsuits, but you can use a heavily diluted mild washing detergent. (This can be laundry detergent without softeners or even mild washing up liquid.) Mix the detergent thoroughly in the water and submerge the item.
How do you care for a neoprene wetsuit?
- Salt water and especially chlorine can “dry out” the neoprene material. …
- Soak the wetsuit in a tub of warm fresh water (not over 120°F) for at least 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, thoroughly hose off the wetsuit with fresh water.
Why do surfers pee in their wetsuits?
Nearly all surfers have already peed in their wetsuits while surfing. Why? … They relieve their bladders in the surf. The problem is that we drink water to stay hydrated, and then the body tends to eliminate it, especially when submerged in the ocean.
Can I use detergent on my wetsuit?
3rd: Wash your wetsuit in the tub of soap and the detergent will break down the body oils and odors. In addition, it will help wash away the bacteria that caused the smell in the first place . … Then hang your wetsuit up to dry in the fresh air (away from direct sunlight).
Can you use Woolite to clean a wetsuit?
Ideally soak the suit in clean warm water for about 15 minutes. If the material is soiled, add a small amount of mild soap like Woolite® to the water and be sure to rinse in clear water. Never use harsh detergents, chemicals or anything that contains bleach as these can damage neoprene and cause colors to fade.